Accessible warehouse shelving systems, eIt is a manual storage system formed by storing the same pallets as bat, one on top of the other and deeply back to back on the floors, without leaving any gaps with a stacking machine.
It is mostly used to store the same size and same type of products in accordance with the first-in, last-out (LIFO) system, and the aim is to reach maximum storage capacity in the area.
Cold storages, raw material and semi-finished product warehouses, production facilities, etc. It is more frequently preferred in businesses with low product circulation and low diversity. Approximately of the storage space is used. They provide maximum benefit from the space.
This system is used very efficiently in cases such as block storage (single type in modules), seasonal products, raw materials and semi-finished products.
Pallet dimensions, pallet heights and pallet weights must first be determined regarding the system, and then the project phase should be started. The number of floors is determined according to the height of the warehouse. After determining the product variety and the number of pallets on a product basis, taking into account the in-warehouse operation, the depths of the modules are decided. Efficient use of warehouse space is another detail that should be taken into consideration when deciding on this issue.
What are the Advantages of Retractable Warehouse Racking System?
- In enterable warehouse shelving systems, the pallets in the modules are placed on galvanized pallet sheets placed on the right and left on the floors.
- One of the issues that should be taken into consideration while preparing the project is that regardless of the pallet height, the first floor height must be suitable for the device entrance, since the stacking device must enter. When an application is made below this size, forklifts etc. cannot be allowed inside. There may be difficulties in entering vehicles. In addition, the stacking device must be able to move in the gap between the forklift guide rails. This issue should be discussed at the project stage.
- Since there is forklift entry into the system, the construction can only be connected to each other from the rear and top sides. In order to obtain a statically safe structure, it is very important to make calculations regarding these connection points and determine the products and assembly details to be used.
- cold storageIt is important to design the air circulation and cooling devices in the area in such a way that they are not obstructed.
- Since products are picked up by forklift entering the corridors, the system cannot be connected to each other in this area. This poses a static risk. In order to minimize this risk, the necessary fasteners are placed in the system from the top and back.
Drive in Shelving System
Retractable Warehouse Racking Systems provide maximum efficiency by using the stacking logic of products known as Drive-in. This system allows you to easily store many similar products with the same features.
It is important for the efficiency and operation of the system that the quality of the pallets to be used in the system is in europallet norms, that the wood quality must comply with the specified criteria, and that there is no overflow on the pallets. If the products are carried on pallets and there is a non-geometric loading method, this should be taken into consideration in the project design and special products should be designed according to these data during the ordering stage.
In the project design, the modules are lined up side by side and the number of corridors required for the stacking device is minimal. In walk-in warehouse racking systems, the stacker enters deeply into the modules to retrieve the pallets loaded into the modules.
To ensure safe and comfortable forklift movement within the corridor, there must be guide rails at the edges.